Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Get rid of resilience

Resilience is a terrible stat in World of Warcraft. People with more resilience on their gear have an advantage in pvp over people who don't. People who raid do not get resilience on their gear because the tank gets protection against crits through other stats, and everybody else does not need it, so they want gear with other stats instead. What resilience really does is make it so people with pvp gear are better at pvp but worse at raiding, and people with non-resilience gear are better at raiding but worse at pvp, at least as far as their gear goes. Their actual experience with either raiding or pvp already makes them better at whatever they usually do.
My point is that you should be able to get good gear doing pvp, and be able to take that gear to a raid, and that gear serve you well in the raid, as well as good gear gotten from raiding should help you when you go to do pvp. You earned that good gear, it should be good for both things. If somebody geared up doing raids and now they are in your battlegrounds, why should it bother you? You usually do pvp so you already are better than them. And vice-versa. And adding another stat for no good reason is annoying and wasteful. Get rid of resilience.
I almost said we should get rid of hit rating also, but, there may be balance issues there. Maybe you don't want the balance druid to be able to heal as well as the resto druid, well the balance druid can't, because he geared for hit rating instead of intellect, spirit, or spell power. Maybe there are issues for other classes as well, so I won't go there on hit rating. But resilience just places limits on players so they are only geared to do what they usually do. And I think that's stupid.

1 comment:

  1. I love resilience. Resilience is what prevents a PvE player from having to participate in PvP content for PvE progression. And vice versa, as far as I know. That's good in my opinion.

    They should take it one step further and introduce a raid equivalent for resilience which you have to have for raids but which doesn't help in heroics or PvP. Once upon a time there was such a stat. Fire resistance. Fire resistance could be used to keep the power inflation in check because raid gear would sacrifice a piece of their stat to a pure defensive stat (like PvP gear does) which wouldn't allow you to overpower heroics as much as in WotLK.

    But then again I would have preferred it if they even went so far to disallow PvP gear in dungeons/raids and PvE dungeon/raid drops in BGs and arena.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
I'm getting old but I don't want to grow up. I love coffee but it screws me up. I am a morning person. I value silliness and honesty.